Whether organising a fund-raising event or an individual challenge, its rewarding, and at the same time can bring communities and friends together to join in the activities and have a good time.
No matter how small or large an event or challenge, every donation is the difference between a project or truck leaving soon to deliver the correct aid. Our volunteers come up with a variety of events that prove good fundraisers, here is a taste from 2022.
- A gig in a local pub, Guitarathon, or an all day concert
- An auction, a fashion show that resulted in an auction based on promises
- Dog show
- Lunch or afternoon tea
- Garage sale
- Sponsored walks, runs and climbs
The link below will take you to our fundraising partner 'Enthuse' where you will be able to set up a personalised page for your fundraising event.
For the seriously energetic ones there is of course the bigger ticket items, skydiving, wing walking, marathon, and triathlons! The Three Peak Challenge is a popular event as is The Yorkshire Three Peaks along with the Vitality Big Half or Swim Serpentine created by London Marathon Events Ltd.
Please make contact if you are interested in doing anything like this and we can advise if we have any charity places that we may be able to secure for you.
If you wish you can create your own Fundraising Page for your chosen project and then invite your friends, family and colleagues to get involved and support you. You can track how much money you have raised and keep people updated on your progress.
Sometimes the simplest actions can still create donations:
- Day to day purchases on Amazon can provide a kickback to us. You just need to register Hope and Aid Direct as your chosen charity and shop at Amazon Smile rather than the standard website. Everything is all the same, we just get a small percentage from Amazon.
- You can also donate via ebay by setting up Hope and Aid Direct as your chosen charity.
- Does your workplace donate to charity? We have teamed up with Work For Good who specialise in business giving. Please encourage any employers to register with them and help support us.
- For hotel and restaurant bookings book through Charitable Bookings and choose Hope and Aid Direct as your chosen charity.
- More donations to Hope and Aid Direct from your day to day shopping on the web, sign up with Give as you Live and again choose Hope and Aid Direct as your supported charity.